A journey of 10,000 kilometres begins with a single step—and with a fundraising goal of CA$10,000 in support of SickKids Foundation, for every CA$1 raised, our team of over 150 student volunteers pledges to run 1 kilometre for a total distance of 10,000 kilometres. We have also donated over 20,000 critical supplies to youth homeless shelters across Ontario, including face masks, hand sanitizer, healthy meals, hygiene products, summer and winter clothing, and more.
5–ing COVID-19 is about going the extra mile for front-line healthcare workers who do the same for us every single day. 5–ing COVID-19 is about the courageous patients at SickKids, who should not have to worry about any additional financial strains caused by COVID-19.
Your donations kindle five essential services at SickKids:
(1) supporting patients and their families with medical expenses
(2) purchasing more clinical equipment (i.e. ventilators, X-rays, etc.)
(3) funding COVID-19 research at SickKids, including a new antibody therapy
(4) providing greater supplies of personal protective equipment (i.e. N95 masks, gloves, etc.)
(5) developing virtual care for patients who can no longer be seen at regular clinics
For more information about our running progress and team, please visit: