MOMS GIVE A PUCK - 4 ON 4 Shinny Hockey Tournament Rules
Saturday, July 11, 2020
Player Registration Fee: $90
ALL NET PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO
HOSPITAL FOR SICK KIDS FOUNDATION RESEARCH DIVISION KiCS STUDY
GENERAL PLAYING RULES
- All games will be NON-CONTACT & NO Body-checking
- All games will be one 24 minute running time period. Face-offs will occur
only at the beginning of the game or in the case of coincidental penalties.
- No player is allowed to score more than 3 goals in any one game. If
every player on any given line reaches the 3 goal maximum, the line will
defend for the remainder of the game.
- No Warm ups before games. Referee will whistle each team to begin play
immediately. At the end of each game, teams MUST vacate the ice
- When play is stopped due to the goalie controlling the puck or if a goal
was scored, a whistle will signal the attacking players to vacate the zone.
Once all the attackers have exited the zone, the players may re-enter to
resume the play immediately. They may not challenge the opposition until
they have all exited the zone. Attacking prematurely may result in a
penalty for the offending team.
- There are NO icing calls.
- All offside plays at the blue-line will be deemed delayed offside and the
referee will call for the offending players to release the puck and exit the
zone. Once all the offending players have exited the zone together, they
may re-enter the offensive zone.
- A team should be composed of 12 skaters and 1-2 goalie. Each team will
play with 4 players and 1 goalie on the ice. Line 1 will be comprised of
players whose birth year is: 2003 - 2005. Line 2 will be comprised of
players whose birth year is: 2006 - 2007. Line 3 will be comprised of
players whose birth year is: 2008 - 2010. The goalie’s birth year is: 2005
- Player cannot play on multiple teams. A player found playing on another
team will result in defaulted game.
- Up to 3 Mom Coaches may be on the bench. All bench personnel must
be a minimum of 18 years of age and registered with the tournament.
- EQUAL ICE TIME is required for all 4 on 4 participants and there is to be
NO shortening of the bench.
- Players change on the Buzzer - EVERY 2 MINUTE. Leave the puck
where it is for the next line change.
MINOR PENALTIES & PENALTY SHOTS
- All penalties will result in a penalty shot award. Coincidental penalties
shall result in a face-off at centre ice.
- Any player having been assessed 3 minor penalties in the same game will
be automatically ejected from the game.
- All penalties will result in a penalty shot to be taken at the time of the
infraction. The clock will stop: once the player begins the penalty shot,
the clock resumes and the play continues.
- Major penalties will result in the immediate ejection of the offending player
- Fighting majors will result in the penalized player being expelled from the
game and tournament.
PLAYOFF PENALTY SHOTS & SHOOTOUT ROUND(S)
- There is no overtime period.
- BEST OF 3 SHOOTOUT. If tied at the end of regulation time during
playoff round, each team picks their first 3 shooters. If still tied after 3
shooters, the first team to win the 1 on 1 shoot out wins game. In the
Shootout round(s), each player shoots before any one player can shoot
ROUND ROBIN TIE BREAKING PROCEDURE
In the event of a tie between 2 or more teams at the conclusion of the
Round Robin, the following tie breaking procedures are used to determine
playoff seeding ( ONLY 1ST AND 2ND ADVANCE).
1. HEAD TO HEAD. The winner of the Round Robin game between tied
teams gains the higher position.
2. MOST WINS. If still tied, the team with the most wins in the Round
Robin gains the higher position.
3. BEST GOAL QUOTIENT. If still tied, then the team with the best goal
quotient (higher number) in the Round Robin gains the higher position.
DETERMINING GOAL QUOTIENT
Total “goals for”/(Total “goals for” + Total “goals against”)
Example: “for” = 10 goals. “against” = 4 goals. Ratio = 10/(10+4)= .714
Higher Percentage Number, Gains Higher Position
4. FEWEST GOALS AGAINST. If still tied, the team with the fewest goals
against (all Round Robin games played) will gain the highest position.
5. MOST GOALS FOR. If teams still tied, the team with the most goals for
(all Round Robin games played) will gain the highest position.
6. 1st GOAL SCORED HEAD TO HEAD. If still tied, the team which
scored the first goal in the game between the tied teams gains the higher
7. COIN TOSS. If still tied, a coin toss will determine which team gains the